Saturday, October 17, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

Greetings!
I have been considering jumping into the blogger world for awhile, but hadn't had the courage until recently. For one thing, a name! What would I name my blog?? Well, that depends on what I'm going to be writing about. I love to cross stitch, but I didn't want to limit my blogging to only stitching posts. I'm also a mother blessed with two lovely daughters and two great sons-in-law, and a grandmother of 5 so will definitely write about all of them. And I have a WDH, wonderful dear husband of 40 years who just recently retired so will also be writing about not only our life together, but also our travel adventures.
So, one early AM recently I couldn't sleep so was throwing blog names around in my head: Grandma of 5, SusieMo. Hmmm. My WDH rolled over and I blurted out, "How about Sharyn's Stitches?" Now having been married the aforementioned 40 yrs, he immediately knew what I was talking about! No, he didn't like it, but threw out instead Skein by Skein! I love it! And hope you do too! I know it's about stitching, but it also has the connotation of Day by Day. Anyway, that's how this came to be.
I'm going to be feeling my way through this new adventure so please bear with me. I want to add pictures, etc to make this a bit less sterile place to visit, but hope that all will come as I go along.
I'll close with a big giant thanks for visiting and hope you return to visit soon!

Hugs,
Sharyn :-)

2 comments: